- 1 large sweet potato
- 3 cups chopped broccoli
- 3 cups chopped cauliflower
- 1 small onion
- 8 oz. mushrooms
- chopped green onions for topping
- shrimp (or chicken)
- soy sauce or teriyaki sauce (La Choy soy sauce is GF)
*The great thing about this recipe is that you can literally add whatever veggies or protein you would like! I don’t call it build-your-own for nothing.
- Chop broccoli & cauliflower. Place on baking sheet & top with olive oil / sea salt. Bake at 450 for 25 minutes.
- Dice the sweet potato. Size isn’t important – as long as they are all the same size for even cooking. Cook in skillet on medium heat until soft and slightly crispy.
- Meanwhile, slice the mushrooms & chop the onion. Cook in a new skillet until tender.
- Prepare your protein however you prefer! (My shrimp was frozen so I heated it up on the stove in a pot of boiling water.)
- Mix-and-match your veggies & protein with the toppings of your choice! (I chose green onions / soy sauce & my husband chose teriyaki sauce.)
Please note: There are probably faster ways to make this recipe. If you don’t want to mix-and-match, you can bake all of the veggies together in one skillet or one sheet in the oven. The route I took definitely involves a lot of dishes.
Overall, I consider this recipe a success! The hubby said he’d gladly eat it again, so I call it a win.
This recipe was inspired by The Original Chop Shop in Tempe, AZ. I ate at the Chop Shop with my family last week, and was overjoyed to find menu items that are healthy and full of nutrient dense ingredients. (It’s not something you find everywhere.) I ordered the Red Chili Lime Shrimp Protein Bowl. Definitely would eat again.