Gluten Free Crock Pot Chili
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 15 oz. can kidney beans (rinsed & drained)
- 15 oz. can black beans (rinsed & drained)
- 15 oz. can whole kernel corn (drained)
- 14.5 oz. can tomato sauce
- 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 packet GF chili seasoning
- 1-2 cups water
- Brown ground beef/turkey on the stove.
- Add all ingredients to the crock pot.
- Cook on LOW for 6-7 hours or HIGH for 4 hours.
When I started eating gluten free, I was surprised to discover that gluten is found in many seasoning packets. Who knew that chili seasoning would contain gluten? It does! (Note the difference between packaged chili seasoning and chili powder. Chili powder is in fact gluten free.)
Why do I love this recipe so much? You know me – simple ingredients & it’s easy to make. I usually prep this recipe the night before and then just throw everything into the crock pot the next morning.
As I’ve experimented with chili, I’ve realized that you really can’t go wrong with whatever beans you choose. (Chili experts might disagree with me.) If you’re not a fan of black beans, switch them out for another can of red kidney beans and you’re good to go.
If you’re looking for something that’s quick, easy, and cheap – this is the chili recipe for you.