Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread | Recipe from Sweet Phi
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1.5 cups all-purpose gluten free flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. each of nutmeg, all spice, pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, beat together eggs, sugars, and vanilla until well combined.
- Mix in pumpkin puree and oil until combined.
- Add in all dry ingredients and mix together. Mix in chocolate chips (optional).
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. After baking, allow to cool at least 10 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy!
I found a can of pumpkin puree in my pantry last week and decided it was time I gave some gluten free pumpkin bread a go. I’ll be honest, I have never purchased all-purpose gluten free flour. I’ve purchased almond flour and coconut flour, but never all-purpose.
However, I was recently gifted one and a half boxes of GF all-purpose flour. How does one get gifted a box and a half of GF flour, you may ask? A family friend made a gluten free pie for us, and had a box and a half of flour remaining. So they sent the rest home with us.
With pumpkin puree and gluten free flour, I did a quick search on the internet and came across this recipe from Sweet Phi. Check out the site for plenty of other gluten free recipes!
My verdict? This bread was DELICIOUS! It was amazing right out of the oven and tasted just as great later in the week. (Plus, it made my apartment smell heavenly.) The top of the bread had a slight crunch, and the inside was soft and moist. If you’ve got some GF flour on hand, I’d say this is definitely a recipe to try.