Gluten Free Pepperoni Pizza Sweet Potato Skillet
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 1.5 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1.5 cups marinara or pizza sauce
- 4 oz. turkey pepperoni
- fresh cilantro or parsley for topping
- Saute cubed sweet potatoes in medium skillet with olive oil for 7-8 minutes.
- Add red bell pepper & mushrooms to the skillet. Saute until veggies have cooked through.
- Add Italian seasoning, salt, onion powder & sauce to the skillet. Mix together.
- Take half of the pepperoni slices & cut in half. Mix into skillet.
- Top the skillet with remaining pepperoni. Cover skillet and heath through.
- Top with cilantro or parsley & enjoy!
As we all know by now, I love sweet potatoes. Awhile back I found myself in a rut with dinner, making all sorts of sweet potato recipes that all looked and tasted very similar. The hubby wanted something new, and he loves pizza, so when I found this recipe I thought I’d give it a try. It still incorporates sweet potatoes (which are easy, delicious, and cheap), but the other ingredients are different enough to distinguish it from my other sweet potato staples.
My husband wasn’t a big fan the first time around, but when I made it again a few weeks later, he liked it. Not sure what the difference was!
This is one of those recipes that’s easily adaptable. If you like black olives, green peppers, chicken, onions, ham & pineapple, or bacon on your pizza, you could probably throw that in the skillet or replace it for one of the other ingredients. Just like pizza, there are plenty of different topping possibilities when it comes to this recipe. Mix and match and make it your own!